Start your day right! Before getting out of bed, take a long and slow stretch; it’s a great way to let your body know a new day has begun. Follow the stretch with a deep breath paying full attention to your breathing and entire body.
- Smile to yourself. When I start the day with a smile, everything goes better. This ritual only takes a few seconds but it’s so good!
- Relish the moment. Forget about connecting with social media sites, instead pay attention when you brush your teeth or take a bath and do it without distractions. Being in the here and now is one easy way to practice mindfulness.
- Have a nutritious and balance breakfast. Make sure your first meal has all the right nutrients: carbohydrate, protein and fats. When your body is well nourished, it can easily fight stress and its consequences.
- Stop being so busy. Society tends to reward those who work excessively. Stop feeling guilty when you take a well-deserved break from your busy day. Make time to sip a cup of tea and coffee and enjoy every drop mindfully.
- Make rest a priority. Make your bed that sacred place where you can rest and recover. Ideally, don’t use cell phones, computers and other devices within one hour from bed time. Sleeping help us renew our bodies and combat stress.